I was too lazy to write on Sunday.
Sunday was interesting. Ron and I finished pulling out the particle board in the kitchen only to find what looked like some pretty bad water damage behind the dish washer. The inspectors checked the sub floor (which is under the particle board) and that was perfect (yay!). So we tried to clean out as much of the rotted particle board as we could and figured we should get some more opinions on the whole situation. Ultimately, it shouldn’t be an ongoing problem and it won’t be an issue moving forward.
Taking out that particle board ended up being a lot more difficult than I expected, but we know the foundation is good and we know what we need to do to move forward with the kitchen.